Protesting During the Pandemic
Our neighbors across Missouri are experiencing an important moment in the conversation on racial injustice against black Americans during the global pandemic.
We believe it is important to provide information that helps support people’s need to protest to undo the systems that allow racism, and the negative health outcomes that result from it.
For people attending protests, we recommend:
• Staying 6 feet apart.
• Wearing a face mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times.
• Wearing eye protection like goggles to prevent injury.
• Using hand sanitizer and/or wearing heat resistant gloves.
• Staying hydrated and not sharing water bottles.
• Use signs instead of chanting or singing. COVID-19 spreads through droplets when we breathe, and chanting can spread those droplets further and faster.
• If you feel sick, protect your fellow protesters and stay home.